Worship Ministry Mission and Vision
What We Do:
The worship ministry at Community Bible Church (CBC) strives to:
- Give glory to God in all we say and do (Colossians 3:17, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Psalm 115:1-3),
- Create cohesive, organized, and professional corporate worship experiences for the encouragement of all in attendance (Exodus 31:1-6, 2 Timothy 2:15, 1 Corinthians 14:26-40)
- Provide an atmosphere of encouragement within the team as well as loving edification in holistic (spiritual, emotional, physical) personal development (1 Thessalonians 5:11, 1 Peter 4:8-10, Galatians 6:2, Proverbs 12:25, 1 Corinthians 6:19)
What We Believe:
- We believe that all Christian worship should be to God alone, for Him alone, and because of Him alone. (Exodus 20:1-6, Exodus 34:14, 2 Kings 17:35-39, 1 Chronicles 16:23-29, Psalm 29:1-2, Daniel 7:13-14, Colossians 3:12-17, 1 Peter 4:8-11)
- We believe all our efforts are for God’s glory and not our own advancement. (Psalm 115:1,
Matthew 5:16, John 3:30, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Revelation 4:11)
- We believe that worship permeates all aspects of our lives and is not simply an act we perform on Sunday morning. (Psalm 95:1-6, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 14:26, Colossians 3:12-17, Hebrews 10:19-25)
- We believe corporate worship includes has an active and participating congregation. (Joshua 22:26-27,
2 Chronicles 29:27-31, Nehemiah 8:5-6, Psalms 95 & 96, 1 Corinthians 14:26)
- We believe there is a plurality of ways in which we can worship God and therefore choose to embrace these differences in worship practices. We hold diversity and inclusivity in high regard and through different practices we strive to bring edification to the entire body of Christ. (Romans 12:10, 15:1-7, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, Philippians 2:3, 1 Thessalonians 5:11-14, 1 John 4:7-8)
- We confirm and believe Community Bible Church’s statement of faith and all it entails.
Our Plan for the Future:
- Continue creating worship experiences that are biblically sound and God honoring.
- Encourage active and all-inclusive participation both on the part of the congregation and the worship team leaders.
- Produce seamless services that flow logically and orderly from one element to the next.
- Include and incorporate a variety of mediums through which we can give glory to God and provide opportunity for the Holy Spirit to work on Sunday morning as well as special events.
- Integrate contemporary resources, technologies, and approaches for the purpose of maintaining an effective ministry for all involved (both team members and congregation).
- Encourage proper physically expressive actions as represented in scripture. (2 Kings 17:35-39, Job 1:20, Psalms 33:1, 47:1, 95:6, 134:2, Ephesians 5:19, Revelation 15:2)