Our Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 and Community Bible Church- March 27, 2020
Here is the latest information you need to know about CBC’s response to COVID-19.
1. Since state and local authorities have issued orders saying that all gatherings involving more than 10 people are now prohibited until April 30, we will not be able to gather for corporate worship. However, we invite you to worship with us from your home. Our worship service will be provided online each Sunday. We will record the service with worship music from our own worship team and a message from God’s Word. You may watch it anytime you wish.
2. Our building will be closed until further notice. Please do not come to the building. Our staff will continue to work but we want to limit the number of people walking through our doors.
3. In addition to our weekly ministries not meeting through April, any special events planned for the month of April have been canceled or postponed.
4. Our Fellowship Groups will not meet face to face during this time but may continue to meet online.
5. Pastors Seth Guthrie and Jeremy Wissink have communicated to parents how their children can continue to work in their Awana books even though our clubs are not meeting. Information is available here, “Awana at Home.”
6. You may continue to give to support the ministries of our church by giving online HERE (it’s really simple) or by mailing your gift to the church office (9001 Q Street, Omaha, NE 68127).
We are confident that whatever we face the Lord will give us the strength to make the most of these days. I’m sure we’ll find both challenges and blessings in the disruption of our normal schedules. The psalmist wrote: “How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God.”
May our hearts and minds be focused on the sufficiency of our God and on His goodness and grace toward us.
Pastor Tschetter and the CBC Elders