Children's Ministries Director Announcement / Job Description
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Children’s Ministries Director
Community Bible Church, Omaha, Nebraska, is looking for a part-time (25-30 hours) director of children’s ministries who loves children and wants to help them grow in Christ. This person will need to have strong administrative skills and work well with people. The director will recruit and supervise a large volunteer staff.
Priority will be given to candidates who have experience in overseeing a children’s ministries program in a local church and one who desires to remain in ministry for a number of years.
Community Bible Church is situated in the heart of suburban SW Omaha. Presently services are at 8am and 11am with typical attendance of about 400. The lead pastor is a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and has been on staff for 31 years. See cbcomaha.org for additional information.
Salary will take into consideration the education and experience of the candidate.
Job Description for Part-time Children's Ministries Director
Principle Function or Overall Purpose
Responsible for the development, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of a comprehensive strategy of Christian education and spiritual growth for children from birth through the sixth grade.
- Initiate and give oversight and leadership to all preschool and children’s ministry activities, newborn through grade 6, including the nursery, children's church, Sunday School, summer ministry, AWANA, children’s camp and special events.
- Strive to provide a comprehensive children’s program designed to assist parents in teaching their children to know, love and follow Jesus Christ.
- Recruit, train and encourage those overseeing the various children's education ministries.
- Work with those who give leadership to the various children’s ministries to train children’s ministry workers.
- Administrate the “Policies that Protect” guidelines.
- Develop and administrate the annual children’s ministries budget.