2017 World Missions Festival
We heard our guest speaker, Ron Cline, and our global partners, Cristy Hofer and Sam & Tawnya Smith, share lots of information with us at our World Missions Festival. Here’s a sample of what was shared over the weekend to encourage us to be involved in God’s work in today’s world …
- Two billion people do not know what Jesus did for them.
- You already know what God wants you to do, so do it. It’s the only way you will see Him work.
- Cristy Hofer has completed her first two years at the Malaga Media Center in Spain.
- The work of the media center has a potential audience of 200 million people.
- How to be used by God: follow His leading, don’t judge, stick to the topic – Jesus.
- Brazil is now the #3 sending nation in the world. South Korea is #1 and China #2. Every year China is sending out of their country 10,000 missionaries.
- Africa has three major enemies: Islam, AIDS, poverty.
- ISIS is one of the most powerful evangelistic tools of our time.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population and the top ten most persecuted countries are in the 10/40 window.
- The church in Iran is growing. There is a church in every village.
- Indonesia has the largest number of Muslims in the world. But every 15 seconds someone converts to Christianity. There are 55 radio stations sharing the gospel in Indonesia.
- Sam and Tawnya have served 11 years at Forest Springs.
- The camp and conference center hosted 13,000 guests last year.
- We don’t share our faith because we are afraid. Fear is the biggest tool of our enemy. But Jesus said, “Don’t be afraid, only believe” (5 words).
- How to get involved in His work … open your eyes and look around your world.
- Churches don’t hold mission festivals anymore. CBC’s focus on missions is unique.
Information is great but it’s only the beginning. Motivated by His grace, may the Lord enable us to take the next step of sharing Jesus with those around us.